What Duotone has to say about the 2019 Spike
Light winds are no longer dull, with the new Spike the sky is the limit!
Light winds are every kiters nightmare, you turn up to the beach, and there isn’t enough breeze to get your fix. The new Spike turns those dull days into the fun days, thanks to its unique design and construction. The huge surface area will get you planing in the lightest of breezes while the flat rocker ensures plenty of speed. Because kiteboarding isn’t just about cruising we have packed plenty of pop into the Spike; the smaller sizes are slightly stiffer to offer improved freestyle performance, while the larger sizes have a little more flex to ensure a comfortable ride at speed. Don’t be disappointed next time you head to the beach, and the wind doesn’t show, have the Spike in your quiver and get out there!
Features and Benefits
- Flat Rocker and Straight Outline – A flat rocker and a straight outline are key for a great light wind weapon.
- Biax Fiber Construction – For the best dampening and comfort, perfect for technical tricks.
- Special Flex Pattern – Stiffer flex in the smaller sizes for incredible pop.
- Medium to Hard Flex – The Medium to Hard Flex combines competition performance with every day comfort. Precise adjusted materials offer control, power, and comfort in just the right way to feel good in every condition.
- Mono Concave Bottom – The Mono Concave Bottom makes this board fast and ensures the best upwind abilities. It has the best dampening and comfort and has good pop and a sharp edge grip.
- Huge Surface Area
Mono Concave Bottom
All of the pure freeride boards are produced with Biax Fibre for the best dampening and comfort. The new, rounder outline makes it fun in chop and the wider tip area helps to get going early. The straight outline is the reason for good pop and sharp edge grip. All of these boards are quite narrow which makes them fast and ensures the best upwind abilities.
Biax Fiber Construction
The Biax Fibre Construction is used for the Duotone boards Gambler, Spike and Gonzales. These boards are produced with Biax Fibre for the best dampening and comfort.
Absorption Flex Tips
Based on a unique new construction of the board in the tip area, the scoop rocker line ensures better response to changing situations. In underpowered riding, the board remains flat for fast planing. In overpowered riding, the scoop bends and provides for an increased level of control and stability. The flex tips absorb shocks and enable soft landings.
The special shape of the 3D cap allows torsion of the long axis of the board. This gives them more grip on the heel-side edge, rich and smooth landings, a direct drive and better upwind performance. Invented by Duotone.
The Medium Flex boards combine competition performance with every day comfort. Precise adjusted materials offer control, power and comfort in just the right way to feel good in every possible riding condition.
|Size||Rider Weight||Fin Set|
|141 x 44.5 cm||> 65 kg||S-Bend FS 5.0 Carbon 30|
|153 x 46.5 cm||> 75 kg||S-Bend FS 5.0 Carbon 30|
|163 x 46.5 cm||> 75 kg||S-Bend FS 5.0 Carbon 30|